CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 20, 2009

PEACE...

Saturday was our Christmas celebration combine service held in our new church building,
I was leading the worship for the first time in a long time, after being in ‘sabatical mode’ for few months.
There were 5hundred plus people coming and I was really nervous.
Seriously…really, really nervous. It went well tho, Glory to God!...
Salvation upon men and Glory to God. that was all I prayed for the whole day.
I don’t want people to look at me and our worship team because really
we’re not that great and it’s not a show we want to put up instead we ask God for salvation upon men and Glory to God..

Anywho, so our overseer shared from the book of Luke,
when the angels announced

Luke 2:14 (KJV)
14Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

PEACE. He emphasize on that word.PEACE.
let me see if im not mistaken,

in greek they called it IRENE (perfect peace)
in Hebrew they called it
SHALOM

1) completeness, soundness, welfare, peace
1a) completeness (in number)
1b) safety, soundness (in body)
1c) welfare, health, prosperity
1d) peace, quiet, tranquility, contentment
1e) peace, friendship
1e1) of human relationships
1e2) with God especially in covenant relationship
1f) peace (from war)
1g) peace (as adjective)

I wanted to share this because last night while attending one of our church cell group,

they were discussing also on this matter. PEACE.
So each one will have their turn to share from our own experience.
There were many diff stories of how God works in their life and experineced peace.
So it was my turn and to be honest since the day I had
this personal conversion with Christ,
I was at peace, I started to taste peace when I really get to know Christ,
the prince of peace.

But the most remarkable moment is when
we knew that my mum wont make it in her battle with cancer.
I felt peace of letting her go but I remember that
I insisted the Lord should heal her even when i know

deep deep down in me the Lord wanted to take her.
i cannot deny that i felt peace in and out of me,
my family also felt the same thing though it's painful.
it's like a thorn in our flesh but His grace is sufficient.

PEACE is one of the fruit of the Spirit.
I remember vividly, after my mum was disoriented in the hospital,

I asked my dad to switch my place because
I really need to find peace within my soul. It was chaos.
After reaching home I shut myself inside the room.
I open my bible in front of me.
And I cried a loud, yes I cried aloud.
man! I never cried that hard ever in my life. I did.
I asked God to calm my soul, I asked that I will go through
that process in stillness and with pure joy
(i thought,it was impossible for someone
to felt peace while facing death)


Gosh! Even at this moment I still can feel that very moment
I went out from that room, after hours of travailing,
crying out and wrestle with God,
there was this perfect peace gripped my soul.


Peace is not the absence of conflict.
the problem is still there but
there were peace in us and all over us.
not just emotional but also in every aspect, the Lord provide.
When I look back at those moment I can smile and Praise Him
for being such a good God. Seeing her breathless and motionless
was a thorn in my flesh, utterly painful but a blissful moment
knowing she’s at rest and at peace.

I believe it was the peace of God that kept me sane till this day.
It was truly not by my own strength, it was God, his perfect peace.
His peace manifest in us, when people came and shared how they are blessed seeing us at peace. How calmly we face this excruciating moments. It was because we are assured that she’s in a better place and
we are assured that God will continue to work in us,
will continue to provide in and out of season.


Philippians 4:6-8 (KJV)
6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus

This verse is so meaningful to me.
This is the verse that the Lord gave to comfort me.
Truly His peace kept my heart and mind.


The world is in chaos at this moment with all the climate change,
the economic problem, all the immorality and etc.
everyone is trying to find peace whether in religion,
entertainment, worldly pleasure, sports, fashion and other stuff.
They fail to see the only place that they can gain peace is
by inviting the Prince of Peace in their heart that is Jesus.

Glory to God in the highest! Peace and goodwill towards all mankind:)

0 comments: