CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

new year....

one more day to go...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :)... time flew so fast...my cousin kept telling me she cant believe we're entering 2010.hehehe...im preparing myself much in prayer and examining my heart, i wanted to move on like million people out there but i want it to be real,not just profess it, not just on my lips but really move on and let go things that i've been carrying and struggling for these past few months.i ain't carrying it..no more... i know the only person that can help me to 'make everything new' is God thru his Holy Spirit. regrets, i believe we all do have regrets we kept and without realizing it we hid it behind our heart. i do have one... two actually...hehheee...more than that... first about my mum. second, when i met him. if i could turn back the time, i wish i could make things right and say the words that i wanted to say. IF... IF... IF.. i didnt realize im carrying it, not until the Holy Spirit revealed while i was praying. God is good...he is good..

new year, new year..new year resolution?...most people will have this one long list of what they want to do or achieved for the coming new year, and by the month of june they will achive none and most people will forget what they have wrote and miss place their paper. one of them is me..yes...me...hehehhee...

so i've changed my 'new year resolution' since last year...instead of writing down what I WANT to do and accomplish for the next year, i choose to follow what God has told me earlier through his word. what i am called to do...

Jeremiah 29:
4 This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies,
the God of Israel, says to all the captives
he has exiled to Babylon from Jerusalem:
5 “Build homes, and plan to stay.
Plant gardens, and eat the food they produce.
6 Marry and have children.
Then find spouses for them so
that you may have many grandchildren.
Multiply! Do not dwindle away!
7 And work for the peace and prosperity
of the city where I sent you into exile.
Pray to the Lord for it,
for its welfare will determine your welfare.”
8 This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies,
the God of Israel, says:
“Do not let your prophets and
fortune-tellers who are with you in the land
of Babylon trick you. Do not listen to their dreams,
9 because they are telling you lies in my name.
I have not sent them,” says the Lord.
10 This is what the Lord says:
“You will be in Babylon for seventy years.
But then I will come and do for you all the
good things I have promised,
and I will bring you home again.
11 For I know the plans I have for you,”
says the Lord. “They are plans for good
and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12 In those days when you pray, I will listen.
13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.
14 I will be found by you,” says the Lord.
“I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes.
I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you
and will bring you home again to your own land.”


at first (it was 5years ago) i received this word fresh from the Lord, i was puzzled and confused, though some of the word do make sense (1 or 2 verses only) the rest is just 'out' for me...hehhehe.. but as time goes by i slowly get it...as i grow older and my surrounding have abruptly changed. these verses do make sense.

as for this next verse, it really has a profound meaning for me personally, even the whole chapter of 2 timothy 4.

2 timothy 4
5 But you should keep a clear mind in every situation.
Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord.
Work at telling others the Good News,
and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.

and im excited to see what God has in store for his people next year.
i know suffering, trials and hardship awaits but His grace abounds...

so tel me, what's your new year resolution?

0 comments: