CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

carry my cross

I want to quote Leonard Ravenhill’s prayer, a beautiful prayer

“We pray Lord for Your glory not for ours,
not for the preachers, not even for the last
day’s ministries but we pray for your holy
Name sake that you will invade this sanctuary tonight.
We pray you’ll work spiritual revolution in us,
we pray that some of us will go to our own funeral
tonight and die to self and all the failure
and all the weakness”

Last friday when attending our prayer meeting, while praying,
when all the petition and all the request were made known
before our God, when we sang the song “change my heart
O God” I sat there on my chair and cried for this generation,
for my people, for this city, this nation, like Leonard Ravenhill
said, this generation never seen your glory.


Second thing. As I sat there and just examining my heart,
this question appeared in my heart, how many are willing
to follow Christ to the point of death? I looked around and
I don’t know, that very night I asked God to re-examine my
own heart, I wept, I pray that I will be found worthy to die for Him.


In this generation standing for what it right, declaring truth
is like an offense (really weird) especially when we speak out
the gospel in restricted nations it will cost you your very life
and because of it many believers shun the gospel from other
unbelievers, I’ve shared to others about Christ and I can tell
you it’s pretty hard especially when they really hold on to their
beliefs.


I met one pastor and he’s new to this place, he shared to me
that his fellow believers warned him not to share the gospel
with strangers and people from this specific religion because
it will cost him his life, I can see from his face that he’s puzzled
and disappointed.I understood what he felt (because before I
also have the same mindset like his fellow believers). I told
Him that it’s true, sharing the Gospel will cost him his life
but I told him where I stand, i do not agree with the 'advice'
of his 'friends', i remember telling him if we do not speak out
the unbelievers will never know the truth because only
the truth can set them free..the truth about Christ, the
message of the cross.

Apostle Paul wrote this

Philippians 1:27-30
27Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner
worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come
and see you or only hear about you in my absence,
I will know that you stand firm in one spirit,
contending as one man for the faith of the gospel
28without being frightened in any way by those who
oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed,
but that you will be saved—and that by God.
29For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ
not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him…


I told him if I were in His position I will ignore those voices,
(I’m not saying be rebellious, that’s not what I meant)
it’s because they don't want to live antithesis life,
their words are totally different with the Word of God,
if I have the conviction to share to other unbelievers
I will do, though maybe there are times where I have
to argue first with God..hahhaha..but then I’ll try my best.

Luke 21:5-13
Jesus Foretells the Future
…But Jesus said, 6 “The time is coming when all these
things will be completely demolished. Not one stone will
be left on top of another….

On verse 8-11 Jesus told them thing that will happen before
the end comes and the next verse Jesus clearly stated this…

12 “But before all this occurs, there will be a time of great persecution.
You will be dragged into synagogues and prisons,
and you will stand trial before kings and governors
because you are my followers.
13 But this will be your opportunity to tell them about me

O God remove our ignorance… ignorance towards Your word.

Even in this current situation Christians began
to tremble, break down and begin to seek God.
Last Sunday the speaker shared that the church has
become too complacent that’s why persecution sets in,
Christians hold 2 to 3 jobs to earn more money,
working day in day out and only set their feet to
church on Sundays. He said that this very situation is
a good reminder for all us that the church is not our refuge,
the church building is not our shelter but GOD is.

Psalm 9:9
The LORD is a shelter for the oppressed,
a refuge in times of trouble.

Psalm 31:19-20
How great is the goodness you have stored
up for those who fear you.
You lavish it on those who come to you for protection,
blessing them before the watching world.
You hide them in the shelter of your presence,
safe from those who conspire against them.
You shelter them in your presence,
far from accusing tongues.

I admit that I’m also was taken aback when
I first heard all this current situation but the
Lord reminded me this morning and gave
this verse into remembrance

Psalm 2:2-5
The kings of the earth prepare for battle;
the rulers plot together against the LORD
and against his anointed one.
3 “Let us break their chains,” they cry,
“and free ourselves from slavery to God.”
4 But the one who rules in heaven laughs.
The Lord scoffs at them.
5 Then in anger he rebukes them,
terrifying them with his fierce fury.


That night when we had our prayer meeting,
we all earnestly seek God and crying out to Him
for help and comfort. This word came to us


Isaiah 52
Deliverance for Jerusalem

1 Wake up, wake up, O Zion! Clothe yourself with strength.
Put on your beautiful clothes, O holy city of Jerusalem,
for unclean and godless people will enter your gates no longer.
2 Rise from the dust, O Jerusalem. Sit in a place of honor.
Remove the chains of slavery from your neck,
O captive daughter of Zion.

My name is blasphemed all day long.

6 But I will reveal my name to my people,
and they will come to know its power.
Then at last they will recognize that
I am the one who speaks to them.”
7 How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the
messenger who brings good news, the good news
of peace and salvation, the news that the
God of Israel reigns!
8 The watchmen shout and sing with joy, for before
their very eyes they see the LORD returning to Jerusalem.
9 Let the ruins of Jerusalem break into joyful song,
for the LORD has comforted his people.
He has redeemed Jerusalem.
10 The LORD has demonstrated his holy power
before the eyes of all the nations. All the ends of the earth
will see the victory of our God.
11 Get out! Get out and leave your captivity,
where everything you touch is unclean.
Get out of there and purify yourselves,
you who carry home the sacred objects of the LORD.
12 You will not leave in a hurry, running for your lives.
For the LORD will go ahead of you; yes,
the God of Israel will protect you from behind


My God reigns!! :)

0 comments: