CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I want to be single. I want to get married :)

Talking about lonely,
I have come across with many people who have this desire to be bond
lately,many of my friends shared about this subject which I myself am struggling on this matter.
5years passed by and im still praying whether I should be single or get married.

I have this personal conversion with God when I was 15, and throughout my teenage life I was deeply in love and was extremely excited in my walk with God (and still I am ) so I never really bothered to be in any relationship at that moment… well I did pray with one guy but it was clear we are not for each other, never been in any serious relationship and yes, I do have major/minor crush..hehhee and still I do not have that desire to be bond (to be in a commitment) with any guy at that moment…

As I grew older in my walk with Christ and physically I realize that the 'desire' start to creep out which in my opinion it is normal as long as you do not sin but still im hesitate/undecided to have one.

I want to be single:

Yes I do want to be single,
In 1 Corinthians 7
8 So I say to those who aren’t married…..—it’s better to stay unmarried, just as I am.

I am very much encouraged by this. since I have dedicated my life to be in full time ministry I think it is much more easier to be single, you can fully focus yourself to Christ and His ministry. There are so many advantages being single. You can be 'all out' for God and go wherever and whenever you want without being tied down, you will have more freedom etc.

And one of the reason why I desire to remain single as of now, in this evil and wicked generation its hard, I really mean it…really hard to find godly man not professing Christian, a guy who is fully committed to Christ and have the same calling in life. I do not know if this guy do exists.

And I have to say marriage is not easy! Seriously… it’s not easy! I’ve seen, witnessed and heard many stories and many times it scares me… hehheee…

Yes, marriages are truly a gift from God. But in my personal opinion this shouldn’t be our first priority in life as what I have witnessed many women think that they will be ‘complete’ and can find true happiness and true satisfaction in marriages, they fail to realize that God is the ultimate joy and happiness.



I want to get married:

I’m open for any possibilities… hahaha

Let me share 4years ago I dream I was in a ‘not so remote’ area, I saw a lot of orphans, street kids and we were busy preparing, decorating for this kids graduation day (we were serving these kids something like ministry).
To my surprise I saw a guy in front of me he was smiling and he was also busy serving the kids, strangely I knew and I’m pretty sure that he’s my husband (couldn’t recognize his face tho). I was so shocked I felt that it was a nightmare at that time but the dream was very… how to say..pure?. Hehhee… yes the feeling was so pure. (i know that sounds weird :p)

I don’t know whether this dream is real or sent from above or just a dream.

.14 For the Christian wife bring holiness to her marriage, and the Christian husband[d] brings holiness to his marriage.

I love that passage.
Even when I felt that my dream at that time was a ‘nightmare’ but it was pure bc the guy in that dream, he was more than a husband he’s my ministry, mission, prayer, worship partner and a friend :)

im not saying that this dream is true and will come to pass...hehehe..i have no idea but i learned something thru this dream...

We should have godly motives in our marriages; bring holiness instead of selfish motives. Not just to complete each other but also to complete and accomplish God’s calling in each other lives together. To serve God hand in hand, to expand God's kingdom, exhort each other, reminding each other of their calling and purpose inChrist, love each other not expecting anything in return but to love unconditionally.

Even if I need to get married it will be for God’s glory and not to satisfy this flesh.
I do not want to be driven by lust, physical attraction or just because i felt lonely but by godly motives.

i'll conclude with this
7... but God gives to some the gift of marriage, and others the gift of singleness.

After much blabbering and talking I’m still undecided in this matter... lol…
And I believe there’s much that I need to learn from time to time on this subject but as of now this is what im holding on to.

So in this matter it is wise for each one of us to seek God, people can give us advices and voice out their opinions but the Lord have the last word :)

And I find it very effective… throughout my ‘single’ years and while waiting I have to admit there’s so much temptations but God has been faithful, for the past 4years I’ve been praying the same prayer

“O God, help me not to awaken the love until its time” Song of solomon 3:5

0 comments: