CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Boulevard of broken dreams

Sounds familiar?..well yeah it’s from a song…
Yesterday we went out with my sisters, cousin.
The wanted to hang out in this place.i never knew those place exists…heheh
Well, when we went up it happened that there’s a wedding going on.
PLAN CANCELED!..anyway, my youngest sister told us that my dad sms her that he’s ‘chilaxing’ near where we are.so we head up to his place… we found him in harbour square at bistro harbour, we called that place boulevard.it facing the sea and it’s a peaceful place to relax.

We laughed and chit chat.. and my dad told us that he always hang out in that place every evening drink a cup or two of his fav. Coffee… whats so significant about that place anyway? He procedd by telling us that it reminds him of my mother. That place used to be a place where my dad and mum landed whenever they came out from the plantation (their working place) via boat.just a few steps from where I was seated is the same place where both of them will wait for the boat before.and what makes that bistro harbour more significant is that every evening the owner of that place will play oldies songs..mostly songs that my mum used to sang when we were young.

as my father told us their stories, I can see that there’s so much pain and memories in him, memories that will always haunt him for the rest of his life…bittersweet memories of my mum.

I wonder…What’s in my father’s heart? Did he regretted for all these years? Did he has a plan for both of them? like achieving something together or planned to move into another country or I don’t know. Whatever that is in his heart, his dreams and plans for my mum. For me it’s just a broken dreams. But one thing I know in spite of what people says, the opinions of men, all the comments and accusations, I witnessed that my father loved my mum deeply..

0 comments: