CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

His Love is INTENSE, INTOXICATING, PASSIONATE,POWERFUL and PURE

Song of Songs 8:6,7

Set me as a seal upon your heart,
As a seal upon your arm;
For love is as strong death,
Jealousy as cruel as the grave;
It’s flames are flames of fire,
A most vehement flame.

Many waters cannot quench love,
Nor can the floods drown it.


God’s love is intense for us..
Even though I have been a Christian since I was young
I tend to embrace this half truth about God’s love.
His love is shallow and seasonal.
His love, well it depends on God’s mood.
His love…ermmm…sometimes it can grow cold.
Like a husband loves his wife
Like a sister loves his brother
A boyfriend girlfriend relationship.
I just realize how ignorant I am
I know His love is more than that but I cannot grasp…

We can grow cold, and many times our ‘feeling’ towards our spouse and friends can become dull and tasteless that if we human being do not do something about our relationship it will end up in divorce and separation…you have to WORK it out in your relationship

But God’s love, we don’t have to ‘work’ out something in order for him to love us.
He loved us even before creation.
Even before I was conceived in my mother’s womb He saw me in His heart and mind

(I know some of you will say…well, Sheila there’s many definition of love in Hebrew and ect…)And I do apologize if this note is ‘incomplete’ and im not really good at theological all those stuff but as of now I am overly overwhelmed by God’s love…hehehehe

His love is so INTENSE, INTOXICATING, PASSIONATE, EXTREME, POWERFUL that Jesus, He was not sentenced by His father to die for us, HE CHOOSE to lay down His life, HE CHOOSE! What drives Him to die for the ‘unworthy’ me… it’s this undeserved love :)

Im currently reading some of the book in the OT and it was very surprising that He is truly a jealous God, A JEALOUS GOD.He love us deeply that He is jealous whenever we turn our heart to other lovers...God in His great mercy and love will do whatever it takes to win back the heart of His beloved…He is a jealous God. He didn’t do all these to gain anything from us (by the way, what do we have? we are poor, helpless, and naked before God took us in His care) instead He wanted to lavish us His love and abundance blessing and I love the fact that He will not relent, give up, idle, stay rest until He own our wicked and deceitful heart… He wanted to make it new. I love it!

NO wonder Abraham willing to lay down his son,
Because God’s love is INTENSE, INTOXICATING, PASSIONATE, POWERFUL and PURE.
No wonder David dance like a madman before God and his people,
Because God’s love is INTENSE, INTOXICATING, PASSIONATE, POWERFUL and PURE.
No wonder Peter didn’t hang himself after he denied Christ 3times
Because God’s love is INTENSE, INTOXICATING, PASSIONATE, POWERFUL and PURE.

Songs of Solomon best describes it : )
It’s one of my all time favorite book, it was this book that unveil my eyes and spirit to a new level of relationship with God, deeper intimacy.
I am blown away with this truth that He is a jealous God and His love is intense for us.
I am privileged that in this temporal life I met eternity, an everlasting God.
I am privileged to be loved by God who is jealous and His love towards me is intense.
I am, we are His prize possession :)

Song of Songs 2

He brought me to the banqueting house,
And His banner over me was love.
Sustain me with cakes of raisins,
Refresh me with apples,
For I am lovesick

His left hand is under my head,
And His right hand embraces me

0 comments: